- Flash Flood in Mauritius http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZj5RGErVcE
What a Disaster? It happened on the eve of Easter. The press named that day as” Dark Saturday” in which 11 lives were lost and so many houses devastated by this thick muddy water. About 500 cars were damaged and owners left with a taste of bitterness that their insurance does not cover their vehicles from flood. The whole island was paralysed by the shocking news.
Friends and brothers in Christ met a CBC on Monday to evaluate the situation and pray for the Lord guidance. The spirit of the Lord was working in us all pushing us to make a step of compassion and solidarity towards the victims.
The church became a real Store house. People came from everywhere dropping non perishable food and clothes for us to distribute to the victims. Our muslim friends brought one fully loaded lorry of cloth. Church members, One word from Heaven team were mobilized to testify to the victims that our Christ is Alive and that He sees their distress and want to help them out through us his children.
We went to Canal Dayot on the following night bringing clothes and foodstuffs for one family. Reaching there is was chaotic. Desolation was on every faces . They lost everything.
We met someone there who made a census and ask how can our team help? We got the responsibility to support at first,The Leung and the Brutus family.
We mobilized a team of 15 volunteers to go and help the families to clean and disinfect their houses.
It was too much work and the task enormous. We mobilized a team of 50 volunteers to remove all the dirts and things water brought in the yard of the families. We hanged up supporting 8 families. Friends and churches members contributed at lot of their time and treasure to bless the people of Canal Dayot. BAM was united in ministering with the people in their crisis. We were blessed. Thanks again to all that contributed physically and financially.
- We were able to raise fund as a team to buy oven, gas, mattresses, beddings, lot of detergents, cleaning tools, domestic appliances, pressure cookers, etc. It was hard work but blessed.
As the following verse says, the Lord answered their call.Psalm 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
- We were contacted by another family at Cite la Cure, who were victims of the flash flood. The water wiped away their iron sheet house. Only the foundation was left. They are leaving without electricity and water. The situation began worst when the oldest lady went out to the lube and felt down in the dark, hitting her head against a rock. She died last Tuesday. The family is devastated by tragedy and sorrows. Our team contributed in the funeral and we have agreed that we will help them building at least a concrete room.
- Our youth is very excited and they are faithful in attending IMPACT CLUB attendance. The word is preached to them on a regular basis. We have a planned student Bible study every Wednesday. We are having fun. For Easter service the kids invited their parents and presented a song titled VIVANT…ALIVE. It was a blessing for CBC. One of the girls brought her family to church service last Sunday. Keep our free academic tuitions project in your prayers it is an excellent evangelistic tool for CBC. We have made room for CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) to host their monthly goodnews club at CBC. It is a blessing for us but also gives Nadine and I a Saturday off.
- Nadine and I were invited to a Family Seminar where I had to speak in our of their sessions. It was a very blessed time and we realised how much the devil is working hard to destroy individuals and families. The report we got from the statistic bureau is quite alarming. We are now praying for the best time to have an Edifying family weekend at CBC. Pray for us.
- Family Day at CBC on the 1st of May 2013.
Once more, all our Free Academic students came. Most of the BAM churches were represented. We spent the day in cleaning the yard, fun games and bring and share. Pstr Josian shared on the importance to serve as a family. We were blessed with the presence of the Leung family for Canal Dayot. We are praying them that they discover and experience God’s grace and salvation.
- Keep praying for us as we are waiting for an American team at CBC this coming Friday to minister with our Youth.
- MBTI is running an OLD Testament course at CBC and 6 of our members are attending.Pray for our church as our focus this year is to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
- Special thanks to all of you who faithfully pray and support us financially. Stay blessed.